The Only Specialist Training Provider in Perth Offering Exclusively Adobe Courses Since 1995 - Money Back Guarantee*.
The instructor for this course has 23+ years of experience teaching Photoshop.
Short Training Course
Adobe Photoshop CC
(3 Day Course)
Register Now »
A DISCOUNT OF 10% IS APPLIED TO ALL MULTIPLE
BOOKINGS OF SHORT COURSES *
Visit the Course Registration Page for further information.
This Adobe Photoshop instructor-led training course will teach you everything you need to know from simple image adjustment to advanced image manipulation. Learn topics such as Professional Composition Techniques, Advanced Photo Retouching, Constructing with Layers, Transforming Images, Non-Destructive Editing, Masking, Re-touching, Combining Images, adding Photo Special Effects and much more…
This 3 day comprehensive Photoshop course combines our 2 day ‘Adobe Photoshop Essentials’ and our 1 day ‘Adobe Photoshop Advanced’ courses into one comprehensive course. Not only is this our most popular Photoshop course but it is also very cost effective to combine both above courses into one course. Please also note that there is an option with this 3 day course to split the course in two (ie complete the first 2 days and then return at
a later stage to do the final 3rd day) Many participants prefer this option as it gives time to practice basic skills learnt and then return (perhaps with a list of questions) at a later stage and complete the 3rd day’s training.
With a ‘Money Back Guarantee’ and ongoing email and phone support you have nothing to lose. Register Now for the Best Professional Adobe Photoshop short course in Perth or contact our friendly Perth team members on (08) 9322 6160 for more information.
This course will be conducted using the Photoshop CC version (Creative Cloud) but it is also suitable for people who may be using the older CS6 (2013) version of Adobe Photoshop.
Course Timetable (all courses guaranteed to run)
Register Now »
PSM309 - Wed, Thurs & Fri, Dec 20th, 21st & 22nd, 8.30am to 4.00pm - $995 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
PSM310 - Wed, Thurs & Fri, Jan 19th, 20th & 21st, 8.30am to 4.00pm - $995 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
PSM311 - Wed, Thurs & Fri, Feb 16th, 17th & 18th, 8.30am to 4.00pm - $995 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
PSM312 - Wed, Thurs & Fri, March 16th, 17th & 18th, 8.30am to 4.00pm - $995 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
PSM313 - Tues, Wed, & Thurs, April 12th, 13th & 14th, 8.30am to 4.00pm - $995 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
The Adobe Photoshop instructor is Keith Bowley who has been delivering Photoshop training since 1994.
"Delivery of the training - excellent. Keith was very knowledgable and great at delivering the content."
All aspects of the course were outstanding from the centre keeping me up-to-date with course changes to the easy to follow delivery and professional and knowledgable trainer."
"Very well done - very knowledgeable"
MKristien van der Spoel
"Keith was very knowledgeable and went at a pace that was good for the whole class... ie. not too fast but not too slow. He would explain things from the beginning, which gave us a better understanding of the terminology and what we were actually doing."
"Keith was extremely supportive and knowledgeable"
"Trainer had excellent knowledge and was a very good teacher"
"Excellent standard, teacher was extremely knowledgable and helpful
"High quality, in depth training!"
"Keith is a great trainer and this course will be very useful for me in my future career."
Exploring Basic Concepts
- Photoshop computer system requirements
- Bitmap vs Vector graphics
- Creating new images and working with existing images
- Pixel basics; changing image dimensions and resolution; cropping an image; changing the canvas
- Resolution requirements for output and file size considerations
- General preferences - display and cursors; rulers, guides and grids
- Colour models - CMYK vs RGB; channels
- Converting image modes
- Customising your workspace
Tools and Presets
- Using Photoshop tools and the Options Bar
- Using Photoshop panels including Adjustments panel and the new Properties panel
Selections and Channels
- Making selections with tools
- Modifying selection borders
- Inversing, feathering, using grow and similar, using subject select, transforming selections
- Masks and channels; saving selections as alpha channels; loading and modifying alpha channel masks; channel options
- Using quick mask mode
- Quick Selection tool
- Making masks from colour channels
- Select and Mask command
Saving, Importing and Exporting
- Saving files; saving new and existing images; saving layers, vectors and effects; reverting files
- Smart Objects
- Exporting requirements for other applications
- Importing images from other applications
- All file formats explained
- Print publishing workflow
- Save for Web
Using Rulers, Guides and Grids
- Guides and Grids
- Smart Guides
- Creating images using Layers; transforming; adding deleting, moving, hiding; showing; merging; flattening
- Layer groups
- Managing layers
- Smart Objects
- Setting opacity and blending options
- Using layer effects and styles
- Multi-layer select
- Using adjustment layers
- Using fill layers
- Using layer masks
- Type layers
- Changing the work canvas
- Rotating, flipping
- Transforming images
- Retouching and repairing images
- Using retouching tools
- Working with Type
- Editable type vs rasterised type
- Type layers
- Editing text; changing type attributes of size, leading, spacing, baseline shift, scaling; using paragraph settings
- Type masks
- Creating text on a path
- Converting type to shapes
- Special effects with type; painting; stroking; screening; fading; warping
- Cloning pixels data; image retouching
- Using the Healing tools
- Creating patterns
- Image warping and transformation
- Combining and compositing images
Using the History palette; restoring and erasing images; using snapshots; reverting to prior history
- Content Aware Scaling
- Content Aware Editing
- Content Aware Move
- Working non-destructively
- Using Brushes and the Brushes Presets Panel
- Canvas Rotating and Resizing
Painting and Colouring
- Painting tools
- Blending modes
- Working with brushes
- Creating and managing patterns
Vector Paths and Shapes
- Paths and Shapes
- Mastering the pen tools
- Using the Curvature Tool
- Using the paths palette
- Editing paths; saving paths; reshaping; converting paths to selections; stroking and filling paths
- Creating layer clipping paths; creating a shape layer; using the pathfinder option
- Rasterise a shape layer; transform a shape layer
- Converting between paths and selection borders
- Adding colour to vectors
- Clipping paths, creating clipping paths for deep etching and silhouetting
- About plug-in filters
- Applying filters; modifying filter effects; filter techniques
- Sharping Filters
- Filter Gallery
Colour and Tone Management
- Understanding colour models, viewing colour, measuring colour and evaluating colour
- Image requirements for commercial print publishing
- About colour management
- Creating a viewing environment for colour management
- Setting up colour and tone management; using predefined colour management settings; customizing colour management settings; specifying working spaces
- Soft-proofing colours
- Changing the colour profile of a document
- Creating profiles
Colour and Tone Adjustment
- RGB and CMYK colour reproduction requirements; obtaining neutral colour balance
- Colour correction techniques (selective and global)
- Tone reproduction techniques, Curves and Levels; highlight and shadow settings
- Identifying out-of-gamut colours
- Comparing corrections in CMYK and RGB
- Using the colour adjustment tools
- Using the Curves and Levels
- Setting auto correction options
- Adjustments and Properties panel
- Dodge and Burn tool options
- Adjustment Layers
- Working non-destructively
- Converting Colour images to B&W
- Creating Duotones
- Using Actions; creating/recording and editing actions
- Using and creating Droplets
- Using the Batch command
- Image Processor
Advanced layers, Combining and Painting Techniques
- Advanced use of layers
- Problem solving/editing solutions
- Advanced painting with brushes
- Clipping Masks
Video Basics in Photoshop
- Loading video clips into Photoshop
- Creating gradually fading transitions
- Adding audio
- Exporting the video
On completion of this course participants will be able to use Adobe Photoshop for the development of digital bitmap images to specification to suit various media requirements.
Participants will have learned the necessary technical skills and knowledge required to:
Use the Photoshop Workspace, Tools and Panels
Create Masks and Selections using various techniques
Use and Manage Layers
Structure a projects with Guides, Grids and Alignment
Edit Images with Transformation, Colour, Cloning and Effects
Use Photoshop Vector controls to create graphics
Apply Tone and Colour Adjustment and Management
Use Automation techniques
Save files correctly using required File Formats
Use Advanced Composition, Masking and Combining Techniques
Use Photoshop for Video
Meet the Trainers
The trainer conducting this courses is Keith Bowley. Keith has been working in the Printing and Graphic Arts industry for over 30 years and has been training industry people in the use of Adobe Photoshop since 1993. Keith is a qualified trainer under the National Training System. Keith's knowledge and skills are not just limited to the Adobe Photoshop application, but also on how to use the program to correctly prepare digital images for various media applications, particularly those images required for use in print and web publishing. Keith also delivers training in Adobe Illustrator, AdobeFireworks, Adobe Animate and Adobe Muse.
Feel free to email Keith with any enquires you may have to email@example.com
Note: This course does not include Camera Raw processing of files although an overview of the feature is demonstrated in the Photoshop 3 day course and the Advanced 1 day course. This course does not cover the Photoshop 3D editing functions, video editing or editing DICOM images and MATLAB processing routines.
Prepress Skills Centre is a specialist training centre (since 1995) with many years experience in providing specialist training to both the print, web and multimedia industries.
Our computer labs are very spacious and utilise ergonomically designed computer benches and chairs. Training techniques used at the training centre include the use of a data projection screen for clear vision of demonstrations.
During the course participants will develop the skills required to complete structured exercises and workplace related projects. All techniques and skills will be demonstrated and each participant will be provided with feedback on their progress and personal attention when required. All resources are supplied including computer files and workbooks. Lunch is also provided for this course.
To undertake this course participants require basic computer skills (Macintosh or PC) with the ability to manage files and folders. Prior Adobe Photoshop experience is not a prerequisite.
The total cost of the ‘Adobe Photoshop 3 day training course is $995 + GST. Payment is accepted by cash, money order, cheque or credit card (VISA or Mastercard only) and you can register now online!! Register Now »