If your goal is to create a wide variety of professional looking publications including office stationery items and multi-page documents such as newletters, magazines, reports, school year books, tender documents etc. then this is the course for you!!!
This 3 day comprehensive InDesign course combines our 2 day ‘Adobe InDesign Essentials’ and our 1 day ‘Adobe InDesign Advanced’ courses into one really comprehensive course. Not only is this our most popular InDesign course but it is also very cost effective to combine both courses above into one course.
Please also note that there is an option with this 3 day course to split the course in two (ie complete the first 2 days and then return at
a later stage to do the final 3rd day) Many participants prefer this option as it gives time to practice basic skills learnt and then return (perhaps with a list of questions) at a later stage to complete the 3rd day’s training.
This course will be conducted using the very latest Adobe InDesign CC version (Creative Cloud) but it is also suitable for people who maybe using the older CS6 version of Adobe InDesign.
Course Timetable (all courses guaranteed to run)
Register Now »
INDM286 - Wed, Thurs & Fri, Jan 30th, 31st & Feb 1st, 8.30am to 4.00pm - $995 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
INDM287 - Wed, Thurs & Fri, Feb 20th, 21st & 22nd, 8.30am to 4.00pm - $995 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
INDM288 - Wed, Thurs & Fri, March 13th, 14th & 15th, 8.30am to 4.00pm - $995 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
INDM289 - Wed, Thurs & Fri, March 27th, 28th & 29th, 8.30am to 4.00pm - $995 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
INDM290 - Wed, Thurs & Fri, April 10th, 11th & 12th, 8.30am to 4.00pm - $995 + GST (includes lunch, resource files and workbook)
The Adobe InDesign instructor is Bernard O'Hara who has been delivering InDesign training since 2002.
"The delivery of training was fantastic. Bernard explained things very clearly and in great detail. He was very prepared and I learnt a lot."
"Excellent - is helpful to have the time taken to explain the broader theory behind why you do things a certain way, instead of just being shown how to do it; I'm more likely to remember this way! The manual is a fantastic resource to take away."
"Bernard is always easy to follow and patient. As with all the courses here, I always come away with more confidence and enthusiasm for what I can do with the software. Tricks of the trade are so important to helping people do their jobs better and Bernard was full of them. Love that I can offer so much to my team from the klnowledge that Bernard has given me. THANK YOU!"
"Delivery of the training was excellent. Bernard is clearly very knowledgeable and he explained things very well. Watching demonstrations prior to completing projects is a great idea. Then, when you come to do the task yourself you have a very clear idea of what to do and what the result should look like."
"Training was deliverd really well that's why I come back here all the time"
"Training style was excellent, and I learned so much about the printing process which will really help me to get things right when designing material for professional printing. Loved the way that Bernard stepped us through the examples before we tried them ourselves"
Nikki van Ierland
"Excellent. Small class size allows for interaction between lecturer and students. A large amount of content was covered. At other courses that I have done I walk away thinking I have learned nothing. Not this one!"
Lesley McNeil (WACRRM)
"I feel this course was beneficial and professionally presented in all areas. I am particularly impressed with Bernard's knowledge of the topic and the easy-going, easily explained manner in which information was delivered. It was great that attendees did not feel isolated from each other within the group, irrespective of prior experience with the package".
- The Document Window - rulers, margins, guides, ‘X’ and ‘Y’ coordinates, ruler origin, pasteboard and page views.
- Using Palettes - align, attributes, character, colour, glyphs, gradient, hyperlinks, index, layers, library, links, navigator, pages, paragraph and character styles, story, stroke, swatches, table, tabs, transform, transparency and trap styles palettes.
- Layers - working with layers, creating, duplicating and deleting layers, layer options.
- Menu items and Preferences overview
- Document Setup - layout options, grids, zoom and hand tools, controlling windows and saving documents.
- Libraries - storing, searching and sorting library items.
- Document 'Bleed' - what is bleed and how to create a document 'bleed'.
- Templates - creating and saving a DL Brochure 'Template'.
- Pages and Books - blank pages, island spreads, master pages, page numbers, table of contents, flowing text, text breaks, setting and import options
Working with Text
- Creating text frames, typeface, point size, line, character spacing, alignment, indents, hanging indents, kerning, tracking, leading.
- Text Effects - paragraph rules.
- Tabs and Tables - tab characters, tab stops, leaders, creating tables, table options, cell options, strokes and fills.
- Character and Paragraph Styles
- Nested Text Styles creation.
- Working with 'Text on a Path'
- Working with 'Text Wrap' features
- Tabs and Tables - tab characters, tab stops, leaders, creating tables, table options, cell options, strokes and fills
Working with Objects
- Types of frames, basic shapes, selecting, altering, aligning, step and repeat, transforming, grouping and locking objects
- Styling Objects - fills, strokes, corner effects, transparency, drop shadows, feathering, using the eyedropper
- Object Styles - creating and saving 'Object Styles'
- Using 'Align' and 'Pathfinder' techniques
- Working in Colour
- creating Pantone (spot)
- CMYK (process) colours
- Swatches, Gradients, Tints, Swatch libraries.
- Imported Graphics
- Placing artwork
- Specialty frames
- Image import options
- Clipping paths
- Applying effects to images
- Setup controls
- Marks and bleeds
- Print styles
- Preflight and Packaging
- Exporting - file options
- Creating PDF files, PDF styles
- Exporting text
Advanced Tips & Tricks
- Data Merge Exercise
- 'Style Mapping' of Microsoft Word Styles
- PDF Security; Bookmarks and Hyperlinks
- Working with Snippets
- Embedded and Anchored Objects
- Advanced text formatting explained such as Glyphs, Nonbreaking Space, Nonbreaking Hyphen etc. etc.
- Footnotes and their options
- 'Keep Options' explained
- 'Paste Into' command
- Picture colouring in InDesign
- The 'Story Editor'
- Advanced 'Layer' options
- Compound Paths
- Managing Table Stroke and Fill options
- 'Pathfinder' techniques
- Menu Items and Preferences overview
- Plus, many, many more advanced Tips & Tricks
On completion of this course participants will have learned the necessary technical skills required to create full colour, multiple page computer generated digital artwork for print using Adobe InDesign CC. (Note - this course is also suitable for users of older versions of InDesign such as CS6)
Participants will have learned the necessary technical skills and knowledge required to:
Use the InDesign Workspace, Tools and Panels
Produce a document to specifications
Apply Text Editing and Formatting technques with Character and Paragraph Styles
Work with Design Objects and Graphics
Working with Multi Page Documents and Master Pages
Use Colour effectively and to specification
Applying Output Adjustments and to Specification
Use Advanced Document Creation and Editing techniques
Meet the Trainers
The trainer conducting this course is Bernard O’Hara (Adobe Certified Expert). Bernard has been working in the Printing and Graphic Arts industry for over 30 years and has been training industry people in the use of page layout applications for over 20 years. Bernard’s knowledge and skills are not just limited to the Adobe InDesign application, but also on how to use other programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat to correctly prepare digital artwork for various media applications in print.
Feel free to email Bernard with any enquires you may have to email@example.com
Prepress Skills Centre is a specialist training centre (since 1995) with many years experience in providing specialist training to both the print, web and multimedia industries.
Our computer labs are very spacious and utilise ergonomically designed computer benches and chairs. Training techniques used at the training centre include the use of a data projection screen for clear vision of demonstrations.
During the course participants will develop the skills required to complete structured exercises and workplace related projects. All techniques and skills will be demonstrated and each participant will be provided with feedback on their progress and personal attention when required. All resources are supplied including computer files and workbooks. Lunch is also provided for this course.
To undertake this course participants require basic computer skills (Macintosh or PC) with the ability to manage files and folders. Prior Adobe InDesign experience is not a prerequisite.
The total cost of the ‘Adobe InDesign CC’ 3 day training course is $995 + GST. Payment is accepted by cash, cheque or credit card (VISA or Mastercard only) and you can register now online!! Register Now »